Love/Hate Relationship
At times, I have a serious disdain for the army life. I don't want to use the word hate as my Grandma Collins always said "you better really mean it if you use that word". It's not the easiest way of life to live, but we love it for the most part. As an army wife, you are RARELY rewarded for the countless hours you have volunteered at functions, fundraisers, and meetings. Not to mention the days and nights we spend by ourselves...parenting alone, eating alone, sleeping alone. The other day, I was awarded two awards by the US Army. (makes me love the army again) One being the Molly Pitcher Award. "The Honorable Order of Molly Pitcher recognizes women who have voluntarily contributed in a significant way to the improvement of the Air Defense Artillery Community." Pretty cool, right? The second award I received was the Commander's Award for Public Service. I have finally in some way been recognized as a dutiful army spouse! Now does Tom being in Command have anything to do with me receiving these awards? Nahhhhh. Let me bask in my glory for a moment or two please;) Am I bragging? Absolutely. 
1 comment:
Melissa, Congrats! I know Lawton is not your favorite place to be but you are making the best of it. You are an amazing wife and mom! Glad to see the army giving credit where credit is due!
Post a Comment