June 28, 2011

I love the sunshine state


I can't say that enough. I love Florida. I love the sunshine. I love the thunderstorms. I love how close we are to our families and friends. Our days are filled with birthday parties, playdates, beach trips, pool time, walks to the park, weddings, dinner dates...I definitely made the absolute BEST decision for me and the girls to move back here. I never realized just how lonely I was in Oklahoma until I moved back and now am constantly surrounded by loved ones.

An update on the girls:
Ella is all signed up for pre-school. She is going to go three days a week and she seems pretty excited about it. I am debating on signing her up for dance or gymnastics. I would like gymnastics, but what if she loves it and wants to do that forever and ends up with one of those weird gymnast bodies? I feel like dance would make her a little more graceful (she definitely takes after me in the klutz department). My beautiful cousin Sammie dances and she is AMAZING at it. I secretly want Ella to be JUST like her. She has made lots of new girlfriends...and quite a few cute little boyfriends as well;)

Madeline is 11.5 months old! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I am in denial. There is no way that she is going to celebrate her 1st birthday in a few short weeks. I want my itty bitty newborn back. She's been walking since 9.5 months and now of course she walks EVERYWHERE. And if you tell her "I'm going to get you Madeline" she will turn and try to run from you. She is my happy dollface and I can't kiss her cheeks enough. She's working on her language skills. Slowly, but surely. She says "uh oh" in context and she definitely says Ella, mama, and dada. I want to bottle up both girls and keep them these ages forever. Minus the hissy fits from Ella and the "I will eat anything you put in front of me" stage from Madeline...including bugs, dirt, small toys, rocks, ect.

I am only ok with time flying by if it makes the next year go by SUPER fast so we can have Tom back safe and sound in our arms.

Playdate with my awesome ADPI sis Nicolette, her firefighter hubby Steve, and her sweet girls Emerson and Annsley. Tom thinks she's the coolest because the playdate included beer, Crown Royal and the pool. Needless to say, the hubbies got along just fine;)
Madeline eating animal crackers (surprise surprise)

Beautiful Annsley! Look at that stinkin' cute 'kini!
Steve and Madeline having a very in depth conversation
Emerson...she's Ella's age and can swim across the pool. It was AMAZING to see! (apparently her dolly needs swim lessons though...)
Daddy and his babes
These were taken at Miss Lily's birthday party by my dad:) Mama and her girls having fun in the pool!

My gorgeous diamond sister (she was my little sis in ADPi) Courtney got married this month in Winter Haven. I loved being with my sorority sisters again.

A trip to Charleston for one of Tom's best friends who was married at the Citadel. It was a nice blast from the past to see the guys and to catch up!
Of course a photo by the F.
I love F-Troop!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I hear you on the eating everything. My Madelyn is 13 months and would literally eat leaves if she could get them in her mouth fast enough!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

YaY! I can comment now. Thanks for the quick fix. Again, so glad you guys are settled in and enjoying the sunshine state!