BUT the other day my heart was so broken. She was really quiet at her meet and greet with school so I was explaining to her that all of the children in her class are just like her and they are excited to go to school and they all have mommies and daddies who love them. And she said "well I don't." I asked her "You don't what?" She said "I don't have a daddy." Let's just say the waterworks turned on for me. I bit my lip, took a deep breath and let her know she most definitely DID have a daddy who loves her, absolutely adores her and wishes more than anything that he could be there everyday of her life. I told her his job is important, but it makes him live in different countries. I was so in shock that she even thought that way. I have to keep in mind she's 3 and by the time her daddy returns next summer, he will have missed two years of her life. In her world, that's entirely too much. In our world, that's entirely too much. For some families, they miss their daddy when he leaves for a quick business trip or a golf trip and he's gone for a week or weekend. It seems like a "nice" break for some;) For our family, that is our reality for 365 days. We miss him every second of everyday. We want nothing more than for him to return safe and sound, hold us all tight, and to be whole again.

So September, thank you for arriving rather quickly. Now go on and tell the rest of your calendar friends to speed it up as well. July needs to come back around and bring us our man home.
Tom finally sent me this photo of him and the girls taken about a minute before our goodbyes.
It's never too early to start a countdown, is it? My app on my iphone seems to think not.
3 comments:
Now that I'm crying! July will be here before you know it. I am so glad you are home with family and friend to keep you busy. I know life is not the easiest right but you are all strong and will be even stronger in the end!!! Love you XOXOXO
Brought tears to my eyes! I pray that July comes quickly - you all deserve to be together! Always remind Ella that her Daddy's job is so important and there are so many people thankful for everything he does. He is a hero, but most of all he is HER hero! Your family is incredible and your love and strength shine through in all your blogs!
Oh, and I totally noticed the fat, swimmer guy on your ticker...LOVE it!
Aw :( I hope this time flies by for you!
Post a Comment