August 30, 2011

Ella's First Day of Preschool!

Yes, you read that right. Ella started school. (Although Tom likes to say "it's not really school".) Even though it's only three hours a day for three days a week, it's very real to me. Dropping her off was a little difficult for me. I brought my dad for moral support! Ha! The tears were coming (from me, not Ella) when I signed her in. (Actually, they started when I pulled into the parking lot, but I told myself to get it together.) She walked right into her classroom, said hi to the teacher, hung up her backpack, gave me a big smooch and sat down. I had to hurry up and leave so she couldn't see her mom cry. Call me pathetic, but I'm too emotional for this stuff. There is just something about your first born going to school. It made me really feel like a parent. I am entrusting someone else to take care of my sweet girl. I wanted to be a fly on that wall so badly, but Homeroom Mom will have to do;)

I missed her so much when she was gone. It did go by quickly, but when I was waiting in the car line to pick her up time started dragging. Seeing her walk out with her teacher, grinning from ear to ear, made it all worth it. Miss Holly said she had a great day...played, talked and smiled. And that's all I needed to hear to know my "baby" would be just fine without me...for a few hours anyway;)

And of course I went picture crazy!
Love that her backpack is bigger than she is.
She cracks me up.
SO excited!

In front of her class. Funny thing is, I am sure I was a student in this classroom at some point. She is attending school at the Catholic church we grew up going to. These were and still are Sunday School classrooms!
"Oh geez Mom. Enough with the camera. People are staring."
She's a natural;)
Last picture before I left. My little preschooler! (Where the heck have the last 3.75 years gone??)

No comments: