December 14, 2009

We have made it 2/3 of the way!

That's right! Only 4 more months til the man of the house is home again. It feels great to be able to say we only have a 1/3 of this year left. Woooohoooo! Just in time too because there are air filters that need to be changed, ceiling light bulbs that need replacing, a Jeep that is rotting in our garage (sorry babe!) and lots of other little household chores I am saving JUST for TOM:) I mean...we have to make him feel needed when he gets home, right? ;)

It's been quite the trying 1.5 months since we returned from Korea. After Auntie Monica's visit, it seemed we have this sickness in our house that just won't leave. Ella was sick, then I was sick, now Ella is sick again. I took her to the ER the other night with a pretty high fever. It made me nervous because Ella's highest temp in her life has never been over 101. She was lethargic and wouldn't move, eat and kept telling me she had a boo-boo. She also ASKED to go to the Dr. We spent 4 hours in the ER to find out it's just a virus. Ella even peed in a cup for those people! But the Dr. warned me the congestion would follow and it has. I just want my girl all better for the trip to FL in less than a week. She is in happy spirits though. Now if only we could get rid of these tantrums...
Ella at the ER
Onto other news...Tom gave up an AWESOME position in AUSTRALIA for two years to stay at Ft. Sill for another two years and instruct at the Captain's Career Course. I am going to go ahead and say two years is probably a lie...let's just make it LIFE. This place is like a damn black hole. It has sucked us in and we can't seem to find our way out! Tom promised when we first arrived here we would be here for 12 months. That 12 months turned into 18 months and then we got orders to return to Germany. Ha! Right before Ella was born orders were changed and Tom took command here. 41 total months later and I am STILL here. Now we will be here 72 months before we "supposedly" move somewhere else. Like I said, BLACK HOLE.

Ok that's my catch up...sorry for not blogging. But this sickness isn't fun and the camera hasn't been taken out in well 1.5 months. But I have caught a few photos on my Iphone.

A very quick trip to the playground since it's just too cold. But we both needed the fresh air!
Bored because of the weather so we decided to pierce Mr. Potato Head's ear. As if it isn't weird enough to be dressing a potato...
No matter how sick she was, she still wanted to dress in her heels.
Oh and Elmo and Snow White are now dating. Or as Ella says "Kiss kiss".

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Poor Ella! I hope she feels better soon. Did the chicken soup help? I cannot wait to see you girls when you get here next week!!!!

Modern Camelot said...

Hope you are all feeling better soon!

I saw your comment about our dog with allergies. Some vets are able to do it as well - they just need to draw blood and send it away to a lab. It took us 10 days to get the results back.

Some things that help us - spraying organic aloe vera on her feet - its very soothing. Giving her tea tree oil baths every other day. Keeping a cone on her head so she can't hurt herself. And BENADRYL! She gets two tablets every 8 hours. Good luck!