November 26, 2009

Our First Thanksgiving

Before Ella was born...before she was just a glimmer in our eyes, Tom and I had a really adventurous life. I want Ella to know her parents at one time in their lives were kinda cool. We spent our first married Thanksgiving in Zell Am See, Austria skiing with friends. It was my first time skiing the alps and it was amazing. We had a great time and the Austrians at our hotel even cooked us a nice little Thanksgiving Day meal complete with my first bowl of pumpkin soup. I will never forget it. It was the start of my traveling bug;) From that point on, I was determined to see what the rest of this big, beautiful world had to offer.

I spent today thinking about how thankful I really am for all of the blessings I have in my life. I adore my husband and can never thank him enough for working hard so I can stay at home to raise Ella. People always ask me how I do this without him, but I can't imagine being in his shoes watching us from afar. (Although I wouldn't mind a vacation every now and then!) I am so thankful to have my little buddy Ella. She keeps me sane and sometimes makes me insane but it's always a new day with her and I love her more than she will ever know. I'm thankful for family, friends, Riley, the roof over my head, the clothes on my back, the hot showers I take, the hot meals I eat. I could go on forever. Some people in this country don't even have those simple things we take for granted everyday. It's so easy to want nowadays, but I don't remember the last time I felt I needed for anything. That's a blessing in itself.

Here are a few photos of our First Thanksgiving in Austria! (This was back in the day when I barely took photos. Can you believe that?)

Driving toward the mountain. I was intimidated to say the least.


In Salzburg, Austria




In front of Mozart's House
And now, a little Ella on Turkey Day:)


Hmm this was the ONLY bite she took of her meal. She filled up on those tater beaters;)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their family and friends. I sure missed mine a bunch today...everyday for that matter:)

No comments: