February 22, 2010
A Proud Army Wife
On Thursday my husband will have his last day in Command. For those of you who didn't know, he has been in charge of Charlie Battery for two years now. With that command position comes a ton of responsibilities. He's been in charge of 90+ soldiers, millions of dollars worth of equipment and a large number of families who have relied on him for advice and care. It's been a 24 hour job for the last 24 months. There have been countless middle of the night phone calls and weeks where I swore he had a realllly comfy bed in his office because I never saw him. I know he's had stressful, tiring times, and he might have lost some hair along the way, but he was amazing at this job. I'm happy I had the opportunity to watch him interact with his soldiers and see the respect they had for him. I have always been proud of my husband...but I'm extremely proud of everything he has accomplished in his career thus far. I hope he signs over Charlie to the new Commander with his head held high because he deserves to do so. And even though I will no longer be the "Commander's wife" (a title I secretly loved) I always get to be Tom's wife...a title I will always adore. Congratulations, babe. Job well done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Yay for the Commander!
Remember you will always be "Household 6"
Post a Comment