October 26, 2011

October...whaaaaat?!

Is it really the last week of October? I blinked and my favorite month of the year is closing in on me. Why is my life flying by? Oh that's right. God wants this year to be the fastest one of my life so I don't have time to miss my husband. (Sorry God, but it's not working. I still miss him every second of every day.)

Let's see. October, October October. You have been very good to me. I turned 31 this month. It was probably the best birthday I have ever really celebrated (and actually remembered). My wonderful husband made sure that I had an unforgettable weekend. It started off with dinner and drinks with close friends. A quiet, but just what I needed, kind of night. The next day, my sis-in-law Monica came by the house with a video message from Tom telling me to pack an overnight bag because I was getting a night away from being a mama. The mother-in-law took the girls for me and Monica and I headed to St. Pete Beach. We laid out, had cocktails until the sun set, went to a nice dinner, crashed a bachelor party, made new friends, laughed until we cried, and had more cocktails until the sun *almost* came up. Finished the weekend with more sun by the pool and a pina colada, angel food cake at my in-laws house and tons of snuggle time with my girls. I have to say Monica was the perfect person for me to go away with. She's one of my very best friends and I can't thank her and my hubby enough for the most fabulous birthday ever. Turning 31 was a piece of cake. :)
Yup, they sang happy birthday to me at dinner.
My beautiful preggo friends (whom make awesome DD's) and my future SIL Jenny
Monica and I
Sad we didn't get a group shot of everyone at dinner, but I guess we were too busy stuffing our faces to break out a camera.
Post Card Inn on St. Pete Beach
October is to be continued...

No comments: