Four years ago, at 11:12 am, you entered this big world and made me a mom. Not just any mom, but Ella's mom. I took one look at your sweet face and saw every bit of your daddy in you. Even though I was still in pain I managed to laugh, cry and smile at the fact my dream finally came true...I was a mom to this beautiful little girl. When I held you in my arms and looked in your eyes, my life has never been the same.
I can't believe you are four today! You've been in my life for 1,461 days and each day I am more and more thankful. I am blessed to have a daughter as amazing as you. You are my girly girl with a tomboy side. You love pink, princesses and dressing in tutus. You sing along to the radio and memorize the words to songs better than I can. I love that you are obsessed with reading as much as me, and you are a master at anything "I Spy". You love to pick flowers and put them in your hair. As of right now, you want to be a mermaid when you grow up, but also a doctor. You are protective of your little sister and adore being around her. You have this beautiful shyness to you that I have learned to embrace and you have a keen sense to know just when I need a hug. You were my little buddy during your daddy's Korean tour and now you are my little buddy during this deployment. You will never realize
just how much I depend on you to keep me smiling.
I will forever have a special bond with you as my firstborn. You keep my world a busy one filled with love, laughter and tons of hugs and kisses. Thank you for changing my life and making me understand why being a mama is the BEST and most important job in the world. I love you to the moon and back, and back around, my sweet Ella. Happy 4th birthday.
Love, Mama
 |
| Just a few hours old |
 |
| One day old...your first Halloween. |
 |
| 1st Birthday! |
 |
| Celebrating your 2nd birthday in South Korea...you still ask for chopsticks at meals. |
 |
| Waking up to a balloon filled bedroom on your 3rd birthday |
 |
| 3rd birthday at the Science Museum |
 |
| Happy 4th birthday! |
No comments:
Post a Comment