October 27, 2011
Soccer mom?
It's a love-hate relationship with this sport for Ella. She loves practice. She hates playing in the games. I am beginning to think she is not a team player. But, my dreams of being a soccer mom are not over just yet. (Come on, who doesn't want a minivan with a soccer ball magnet and their kid's names plastered all over their vehicle?...insert big sarcasm please). I have faith in my child that she will pull through and LOVE it. After all, she finally kicked the ball during a game last week. My mom and I believe it's the boys who scare her. They are a bit rough and intimidating. They fight their own teammates for the ball. Must be a boy thing because the girls are all off picking dead grass bouquets or crying or discussing their uniforms. Either way, I am totally that mom because I swear my kid has soccer skills. (She obviously gets that from her dad because this mama has never played a day of soccer in her life). But Ella does really well dribbling, kicking and she can even do tricks with the ball! I feel like all of that amazing talent will be thrown down the drain never to be seen again all because the team just had to be co-ed. And well, Ella and boys...don't mix yet. Although she does mention the cute boys in her class being her friends. Too bad they aren't on the soccer team. I wouldn't even care if she chased them on the field. At least she would be chasing something!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment