Today definitely wasn't one of those days filled with rainbows and butterflies. It was a hard day in the motherhood. It was one of those days that made me question my sanity. Am I sane? I don't really know anymore. Let's see...Throughout the day I do talk to myself. I fly off the handle yelling crazy things when the kids won't pick up their toys, or when Madeline flat out refuses to stop climbing on tables or jumping from the coffee table to the couch. I often stare into space pretending not to be around. I look forward to retrieving the mail because it means twenty-two seconds of uninterrupted peace. Sometimes, I find myself thinking that a psych ward can't really be that bad. So yeah, maybe my sanity is questionable.
After Madeline ripped out Ella's hair for the millionth time today (I think she's trying to stash away enough for a wig), I just decided I was better off in hiding. I jumped in Ella's little bed, pulled the covers over my head and sniffled to myself. I was tired of the enormous mess they made, the screaming and fighting, me screaming at them. I lost control somewhere after lunch time and I knew I wasn't gaining it back so I was better off invisible. Oh, did I mention Madeline has double conjunctivitis? Yeah, that was part of our day as well. Needless to say, I felt defeated. The kids won today. To be fair, the score is typically Kids-0, Mom 1349558676+ so I will let them have their sole win...For tomorrow is a new day in the motherhood. And I will come out victorious.

2 comments:
Oh thank goodness, you make me feel like I'm not alone. Matt was gone this week and I had many morning of insanity trying to get Shae and myself ready to leave the house. I was not on time one day....and I actually used a squirt bottle on her one particularly bad morning....squirted her like she was a cat who wouldn't listen. Mama guilt for days. I just kept thinking 'how am I going to do this wih two?'
Honestly, days like this are why I actually enjoy being a working mom, and don't think I could ever handle being at home, so kudos to you for doing the toughest job ever, every day. Here's to early bedtimes and bottles of wine!!
Post a Comment