August 1, 2012

Our "new" Home

We settled into our house on post the week after we left FL and we do love it. It's a very old house...over 100 years old and yes, the floors creak every step, but it's spacious and we are grateful to be a whole family again. It'll be fun to decorate as long as Tom allows the endless funds for it;) I know we are only supposed to be here for a year, but I'm not holding my breath to ever leave the black hole of Lawton. So I might as well get some pictures up on the walls:)
Our unit is the top one. Not ideal to be living "apartment" style with a young family...trying to keep them from running around hasn't been easy!
The view from our balcony. It's so serene. We live on a quiet street:) The little door leads to the balcony and we made that room into a guest room. My dream library will have to wait for my forever home!
Top Left is the living room. The view is looking from the guest room into the living room into the dining room. Bottom left is the dining room and then there's the gorgeous kitchen...blech. I hate every bit of it minus our gas stove. Missing being spoiled with the granite and beautiful tile of our old home here.
Top left is the hall in the kitchen that has the pantry on the right. Then there is the laundry room. Bottom left is what we made into the playroom. There are two huge walk-in closets for that room. It worked out perfectly for toy storage!
The long hallway that leads to the bedrooms and bathrooms. There's Madeline in her bathroom. I call it the claustrophobic bathroom. I can barely pee in there without feeling like the walls are caving in. Bottom left is the girls room. They are going to share a room. It's HUGE. Bigger than our master.  
Tom's walk-in closet is actually in the hallway. It works out for us. Strangely he has a larger closet than me, but that's probably because he has more shoes, belts and clothes than I own. (Frumpy mom!) Oh and that's our bedroom the girls are sitting in. And our more than beautiful bathroom;) I do like the light that the window brings in though. It just needs serious updating.
These stairs lead to the "Maid's Quarters". I wish I could say we used this air-conditioned room for something, but we only use it for storage so far. It's huge and unfortunately housing removed the bathrooms a long time ago or this area would be the most perfect guest suite.

And there you have it...our "new" home. I use the word "home" loosely as home is wherever my man's boots are...and right now of course they're in Lawton. 

2 comments:

dcy said...

Can't wait to get there! Love the new look of blog!!! xoxo

Natassja said...

Love the new look! :) So happy to be able to continue to see those beautiful girls, even if through only pictures for now!