July 2, 2013

Goodbye Fort Sill

Today is our last day here at Fort Sill. Our very last day. It's hard to believe. While I am really excited for our next adventure as a family, it is a little bittersweet to leave Oklahoma. We have made this place our adopted home for seven years now. All three of our babies were born here. Never did I think I would have three Okies! We bought our first home here. We said goodbye to our sweet Riley dog here. Tom took command here. I learned how to live without a Target store. I heard my very first tornado siren here. And ate my first bite of brisket here. Heck, I finally learned what a Sooner was! We've shared a lot of laughs, a lot of tears, and so many beautiful memories from this place. We will be leaving here with lifelong friendships and happy hearts. Change is good. We needed it. And we are ready for you, Newport, Rhode Island!

Moving is fun...not really. Not really at all.
 Saying goodbye to Josie while eating ice cream...to keep the girls from crying;)
 BBQ at Tom's boss's house:) Delicious food, fireworks and lots of swimming. I'm going to miss that family so very much!
 Hotel living...for the past six days. 
 Tom receiving the Meritorious Service Medal. It was so nice that his boss invited the family to watch this take place. My favorite part was when Tom gave a speech and he thanked me. "I don't like the saying "that an army wife has the hardest job in the army". It's more like the hardest job in the world and I couldn't do my job without her." I love that man so darn much. 
Waiting to clear housing in a perfectly clean house

We get to keep the sign. I swear Madeline didn't steal it.
 Goodbye house. Goodbye Fort Sill, Oklahoma!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will enjoy your new life with all your family, congratulations to your husband the speech was GOOD!!!!marbel

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Best of luck to your family!