July 3, 2013

What a Start!

Day one of our roadtrip:

It was a success getting to Springfield, MO. The kids were all very well behaved in the car. They pretty much slept the majority of the day. Sam was his typical roadtrip self. Had some tears, but he held it together very well for being ten weeks old. Thatta boy!

We checked into the hotel, and our original plan was to go exploring the caverns here, but Madeline had other plans. Poor girl is so very sick. She was burning up with a 102.8 fever. She took some Tylenol for us finally. It brought the fever down and she keeps telling us she feels better, but it's only because she wants to feel better so badly. Luckily, we are staying with friends tomorrow in St. Louis and one of them happens to be a pediatrician:)

Such a start to this long roadtrip. Is it really only Day One?

To Be Continued...

Happy to leave the hotel...finally! Tom took a pic of us following him, and the license plates were on the wall at the MO Welcome Center (which had a great playground for the kids too!)

Saddest sick girl ever.
 Oh PS. I chopped off all of my hair the night before we left. I am officially losing my mind. But it's summer. I needed summer hair. 

3 comments:

Jamie Kubeczka said...

I hate to hear baby girl was sick.. I hope she is all better and you got to enjoy the trip. Also I LOVE your new haircut, super cute! Hope you're getting settled in.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Now that I know your baby girl is okay...your hair looks amazing!

Modern Camelot said...

Lovvve your short hair...sassy mama!!