My sweet, spunky, lovable Madeline. You are three years old. I can hardly believe it myself. Since July 18, 2010 you have made our lives FULL. Full of love, laughter, and color. You see the best in everything. Your giggle is my sun. Your smile is my joy. You have a view of the world much like a Lite-Brite. Every day you add new pegs to make a brighter, prettier picture. You find a lone snail in the garden and search high and low for another snail so they can be friends. You find it hilarious when I ask you to count to ten and then skip every number from 2-9. But I hear you in your playroom counting your Barbies in perfect order. You are such a prankster and take great pride in leaving your "creepy" baby doll tucked into the sheets on daddy's side of the bed in hopes to scare him. Or you leave a fake snake in the hallway to watch him jump;) You expect me to be a food artisan and give you a daily designer plate of pancakes made into flowers or caterpillars. Skipping rocks with your daddy has become your latest favorite. Watching me put on makeup is a close second.
Seeing you sick in the hospital has changed my view as a mom. I try not to take anything for granted. Every smile you give me or every book you ask me to read...I appreciate it. I may not always be the nicest mom on the block, and I am certainly not Good Luck Charlie's mama, but one thing is certain. I love you so very much. You are one tough cookie. Keep being my strong-willed, funny, sparkling child. I pray three will be an awesome year for you and all of your birthday wishes come true.
Seeing you sick in the hospital has changed my view as a mom. I try not to take anything for granted. Every smile you give me or every book you ask me to read...I appreciate it. I may not always be the nicest mom on the block, and I am certainly not Good Luck Charlie's mama, but one thing is certain. I love you so very much. You are one tough cookie. Keep being my strong-willed, funny, sparkling child. I pray three will be an awesome year for you and all of your birthday wishes come true.
My Beautiful Baby
1 comment:
Best post ever! I love it how you put her personality into words! You did it beautifully! xoxo
Post a Comment