We are enjoying our last few days of summer while we can before the school year starts. We took the kids to a local zoo today. It's actually a family-owned rescue zoo and the kids loved it even though it was hotter and muggier than Hades out there;) I completed an item on my bucket list: feed a giraffe. I really don't have a bucket list, but I probably should make one. The giraffe's name is Stretch and he will only grow to be 14ft tall because his previous mean and nasty owner kept him in a garage for 2 years, stunting his growth. I barely have room for a car in my garage no less a giraffe. Some people...
We treated the kids to a giant snowball at the end of the visit and tons of hand sanitizer.
You can walk around the zoo and feed the wandering animals with your bag of bread and popcorn.
What in the hell is this giant rodent?
A friendly bear...
Some lady was feeding him her snow cone. From a spoon. He loved it.
Stretch!
Giant snowball station!

2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! :)
that giraffe looked so gentle and beautiful! Almost as beautiful as the girls - but they win for sure!! A close runner up would be that sno cone machine - omg I LOVE that! xoox
Post a Comment