August 23, 2014

Last Bit of Summer

Hard to believe that title is already here! With the longest winter our family has ever experienced in our lives, we were all looking very forward to the summer. Now it's coming to an end and it makes me a little depressed...sorta. As much as my kids can annoy me, I am not ready for school to begin again. I would take lazy summer mornings over chaotic school mornings any day. However, this summer I have felt like a camp counselor trying to keep them busy. It's been rough. In a new state, new surroundings, new house. Trying to find my way around. Get them registered for school. Find dance schools, new playgrounds, doctors. I have filled up my fair share of water balloons. Chased Sam around the pool enough. Visited the children's museums. Had the picnics. Cleaned up the messy popsicle faces and sticky floors. I'll be honest. I am over summer. I am over the bickering. I am over the applying sunscreen. I am over the "can we go to Chuck E Cheese's? comments. I am over the "I'm bored" comments after we just returned from a morning at the pool or park. I am very over grocery shopping with all three kids. Did I mention Tom's work schedule? Yeah...he leaves at 5:30am and returns around 7-8pm. Just had to throw that in there.

I know this sounds like a complaining post. And it is one. I love my children. They are my whole world. Most days were awesome with them. Some days weren't. This summer with no friends to occupy them or myself...just made for some very long days;) This mama is very ready for her summer vacation to start.

Oh wait...

Moms don't get one of those, huh?

After Ella's meet and greet with her teacher. I can't believe I will have a first grader. 

1 comment:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

You're just keeping it real! I hope the school year is going well so far!