June 17, 2009

Antiquing

My mom and I share a love for antiquing. For some reason we love to search through other people's old junk. In Germany, my mom bought us an antique table. At the time, it had a green top and sanded down wooden legs. But I loved the shape of it and had a vision to make it beautiful. When Tom saw it for the first time, he must have thought my mom and I lost our minds. It was really hideous to say the least. Needless to say, my mom refinished it and now it's my prized possession. (You might see it in some of my pics...it's the black table in the entry way with the mirror above it). It's a treasure! During a recent outing to Duncan, OK I found a new treasure! It was an ugly old children's bench and when I saw it, I just had to have it for Ella's playroom. I found out later my mom thought it was horrendous as well and didn't see my vision for it coming to life. BUT let me go ahead and buy it anyway;) It turned out adorable and Ella loves it. The fabric on the seat matches the curtains in her playroom. Thanks mom and Aunt Lynda for your help!

Ella enjoys looking at the old junk, too!

Window shopping with da Bunny

"ummm ok mom, what are we doing now?"

We had to take a break from the serious treaure hunting and try on these fabulous hats. And shawl.
Ella says "How do I look? Silly, right?"

And now for my treasure!
Before pics-ugly bench with faded cherry fabric


After pics- Beautiful white bench with pretty fresh fabric!


3 comments:

Lauren said...

What a nice job you did! Looks like Ms. Ella loves it!

The Weiss Family said...

You are a Martha Stewart in training. I envy your ability of "vision" Ella looks like shes grown a lot!!!

Sheryl said...

What a good find! I can't wait to see pics of the entire playroom. You are making me want to make a room for Miss. M. I am glad your had such a nice visit with your Mom and Aunt. Give Ella kisses from us! We miss you girls