June 18, 2009

Tour Guide

While my mom and aunt visited, I was able to play tour guide of Ft. Sill. Do I know ANYTHING about Ft. Sill? Absolutely not. I know how to get onto post and drive to a few "historical" places and I know how to get to Mt. Scott. Other than that, I am the world's worst tour guide. My mom and aunt would ask me questions and I would try to think "how would Tom answer this?" But I am not a history buff like that guy. He can even answer questions without knowing a lick of info about it, but make it seem like the truth. It's an amazing trait he has. But thank goodness there were signs to explain everything so I didn't have to think too hard;) Here we are discovering Cannon Walk and the museum...

Ghost hunting

Ella putting her cookie up to the wall to listen for voices (of the ghosts of course)
Walking along Cannon Walk
Love Ella's expression in this photo
After Cannon Walk, we drove a little ways to visit the gravesite of Geronimo. (I think this was my 4th visit?) So here we are in the cemetery and I couldn't help but see a perfect picture opportunity for Ella. What is better than sitting your child in a field of wild flowers (aka weeds) in front of some tombstones? Don't judge me.


After visiting Geronimo, we took a drive to Mt. Scott. It's the tallest mountain in OK. (See, I guess I do know SOME information). We brought Ella up to the mountain when she was just 2 weeks old. They grow up too fast.

Look at that beautiful view
I look cool, right?
Watching mommy write with rocks
Ella, 2 weeks old...her first trip up the mountain. She's grown a little, huh?
This was a really long post. I applaud you if you made it this far. Again, thanks for checking in on us! Love to all! If you reallllly want to see more pics of our adventure, click here.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like you did ok touring everyone! I love the blonde hair, were you or Tom blonde when you were little? She has some of the greatest expressions I swear!

Melissa said...

Lauren...Tom has always seemed to have dark hair. I had light light brown hair during the summer, but my older brother was blonde. I truly have NO idea where she got it. haha

dcy said...

Oh I miss it already! I just love Lawton!! or maybe its those certain people in Lawton that I love!! Thanks so much for being a terrific tour guide and a wonderful hostess! Already planning my next trip........ are you ready???

Melissa said...

Always ready for a visit from my mama:) and Ella misses Gramma Don Don hahahaha

krissy said...

i love the picture of ella with the dandelion. its likie something out of a kids clothing catalog! she adorable. and you're a great photographer. looks like everyone had a great visit. im jealous!!! xoxoxox