April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend cont.

Ella woke up to a trail of eggs to her Easter basket. Each egg had a jelly bean and even though it was only 7:30 am I let her go wild eating up the candy goodness. At one point she told me "the Easter bunny is SO nice!" I have to admit, this age is pretty darn cute when it comes to these holidays. To watch Ella's excitement over finding eggs and opening them up makes me so happy. Even though Tom isn't here, I still wanted to keep our tradition going and give her a nice Easter. The girl has enough changes in her life...might as well keep our holidays traditional:) She gives me every reason to smile and when she smiles I know I am doing my job as her mom. To see her hugging a box of Peeps, or jumping for joy over Curious George stickers is awesome. I was jumping right along with her. (Probably because I knew the Peeps were really for me and well it's been a long Lent without candy). We went to Easter Mass and then headed over to Michelle's house to spend Easter with a big group of friends. The Easter Bunny dropped off a bunch of eggs there as well and the kids had a great time finding them all. It was a great day for Me & E...one of my favorites all year. The blessings in my life are abundant!


So excited over stickers.
And even more excited for Peeps!
In her adorable Easter dress
Hunting for eggs at Michelle's house

Check out her flower espadrilles...

To view more pictures of our Easter Weekend, click here.
In the very beginning of the video you hear Ella saying "The Easter bunny is so nice..."
"One for you and one for me"
Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Love the videos of her, especially when she is shaking the eggs and her face when she opens them, too cute!!

The Vest Family said...

Now that was a GREAT post! You had me in tears and Ella was making me smile and laugh. Seriously she better watch out! I am going to squeeze her to pieces at the end of the month:) CAN'T WAIT!!!!