July 6, 2010

A Beautiful Room

I loved the way Madeline's nursery turned out. I owe it all to my mama though. She made everything. And I mean everything you see with fabric on it, she sewed and worked really hard on! She is amazing and I love every bit of it. I wanted to steer clear of a PINK room, so I went with this Amy Butler Poppies fabric. I loved the blues and greens in it. Definitely girly enough to not be mistaken for a boys room, but it doesn't scream princess pink at me;) I can't thank my mom enough for all of her hard work. She did a fabulous job!

Closeup of the bedding

Appliqued bumper


Her own pillow

The only photo I could get of the room


Her name sign

Butterfly art and Mod Podged "M"













I made Ella a book box so of course Madeline needed one as well!


6 comments:

Sheryl said...

ohh my gosh Melissa her room is so gorgeous! Your Mom did a fantastic job. Madeline is going to love her room. How did you do the butterflys? I love them they add just the right touch of girly! It looks wonderful!!!

Melissa said...

Sheryl I ordered them from the seller Pink Perch on Etsy!

Lauren said...

One word: GORGEOUS!!!!!!Love it, you and your mom are sooo creative and stylish!! Ella and Madeline are so lucky!!

Caroline said...

This is beautiful! I lov eher room!

Modern Camelot said...

Such a sweet nursery, LOVE the butterflies on the wall!

The Vest Family said...

I LOVE her nursery! If your mom doesn't use these pics to sell bedding she is missing out!You two def. have an eye for style:) Every little detail (you know I notice it all) is PERFECT! Now, if she'd join us in this world!!!