I have had a few people asking about my labor. Hmmm it was fast and comical looking back. I started having a few contractions around 11:30 pm, but they weren't strong enough to get me out of bed so I went back to sleep. Around 1:30 I started timing them on my awesome IPhone app--Contraction Master--and they were about 8 min apart. I decided to get out of bed and watch my DVRd episodes of The Hills (I had fallen behind...shame on me!) and keep track of my contractions. At about 3 am I woke Tom up because they were about 5 min apart and really strong. I took a shower and got ready...the contractions being about 3 min apart by then. Tom was getting himself ready and telling me to hurry. I, of course, being vain had to blow dry my hair and throw on a bit of makeup. I believe I yelled at him that I couldn't deliver a baby looking like crap. He thought I was going to deliver right there in our bathroom. We left for the hospital around 4:30 am and I absolutely remember telling him I had to push in the car. He told me no kid of his was being delivered in a car so I better be kidding. We made it to the hospital (the guard at the gate on post saw I was in labor and told Tom to "just GO!" lol...I think I scared him with my screaming...) They brought me into a room and checked me. I was 6 cm dilated and 90% and the baby's head was very low (my reason for feeling I needed to push in the car). They brought me to the room I would deliver in and I decided to go without the epidural. The contractions were SO painful and at that point I didn't get a break. When a contraction was over, I still felt enormous pressure from the baby which was as painful as the contractions. All I remember were the nurses and Tom telling me to breathe, but I was pretty sure at that point I looked and felt like a mix of the girl from the Exorcist and Medusa. Oh well. So much for the hair and makeup. Finally the Dr. arrived and I told them (yelled I believe) that I had to push and 3 pushes later out came Madeline Irene. I did kick a nurse at some point in the end as well but she was really forgiving;) It was a fast labor and the worst pain I have ever felt. But the most incredible experience of my life.
We didn't have our camera or my bags with me at first (down in the car) so the first few photos of her life are Iphone photos!
Welcome Miss Madeline!
Welcome Miss Madeline!
6 comments:
Congrats again to your family. Madeline is beautiful! and Ella looks like a great big sister. These pictures are awesome. I cannot wait to meet her in person. Give her kisses from us! XOXO
Awww...so sweet! I love that you watched The Hills and had to get ready. Everyone is making fun of me for planning on doing my hair before surgery. I don't want to go to the hospital with bed head. Little Madeline is so precious! You are so blessed. OBIC!
OMG you had me crackin up you weren't kidding about fast and comical LOL!!! These pics are great and you look absolutley stunning after just laboring and having a baby!! I had a scheduled birth and I believe I truly looked like medusa :) What a gorgeous addition to your already gorgeous family!!! Ella is priceless in the one pick where Madeline is crying, she looks like she is really enjoying the Big Sister positon though!!!
I love that you talked about blow drying your hair and putting on makeup! I have seriously been so worried about this.... I want to look pretty in the new baby pictures! I thought I was the only one crazy enough to do something like that. You looked gorgeous! Also, Ella looks so cute in these picks! My fav is " Reason #487 not to leave Ella alone with the baby." That is too funny! Hope all is well, Love you guys!
Those pics are great!! Ella also looks adorable as well. Love the sunglass pic and the one of her "perched" and ready to pounce haha! Little Madeline looks a little Italiano :) BEAUTIFUL family
What a beautiful family. You are truly blessed to have two gorgeous healthy little girls. I can't wait to meet Madeline. It's amazing how much she's changed in her short lifetime. Keep the pics coming of both of your cherubs.
P.S. I am so happy labor went so well!
Post a Comment