May 5, 2012

Ella's Class Picnic

I really lucked out with Ella's pre-school this year. Not only is it a taste of nostalgia for me seeing that I sat in those same classrooms, in those same chairs when I was attending Sunday School there, but it's made my Ella so happy! She adores her teachers, has made so many new friends and much to my dismay, has developed her very first crush. And according to Ella, he will be THE only boy she will ever have a crush on. I told her "Ella, trust me, you will have plenty of other boys to have crushes on." "No mom, this is a forever crush."

The class painted their own letter t-shirts with their first initial on them and then they graced us with a sweet little letter melody. Too bad I had my hand on the speaker of my phone while trying to record it! But I did capture one song. For anyone who knows Ella, she is SHY! Needless to say I was a little shocked when I saw her participating in the songs! My heart filled with pride and I wish I could have frozen that moment for a long time.  Afterwards, we went out to the picnic area for lunch and the kids all chased each other playing tag. I did giggle to myself as I saw Ella's "crush" chasing her around. Oh to be young again and not have a care in the world:)

No comments: