June 15, 2012

First Movie

When Ella was two, I took her to see her first movie in a theater. It was Alvin and the Chipmunks. She loved every bit of it. Especially the popcorn. My dad wanted to take Ella to go see Madagascar 3 the other weekend and I thought "oh let's just TRY to take Madeline as well." She actually did pretty well for her age and her attention span. If we didn't sit through the previews, she would have made it through the whole movie. For the last ten minutes I took her to walk around on that outer aisle in the theater. She was much happier being able to dance to the music and watch it standing up!

I realized something when I was writing this post...Tom missed out on taking each of them to see their first movie. I know, it's little and petty and silly. But it's another "thing" to add to that growing list of missed firsts. Hmmmm maybe he won't mind taking them to see another movie while mommy sits at home drinking a bottle of wine, watching a movie in peace and quiet, without anyone trying to sit on her lap or steal her drink. 
Ella thought she could have total control over the popcorn...
 Until the honey badger started to freak.
 And all was well in the world again.

1 comment:

Modern Camelot said...

Aw. I know its hard, but there are plenty of other firsts that he'll be able to get to do! I think even those of us with locally-employed husbands miss out on things (obvi nowhere near degree you do), or our spouse does, so I'll happily let Tyler be the one to do first rollercoaster or other fun things like that to make up for it :) How was the movie?! I loved the first two!