Happy November! We received some really great news today. We will be headed to Newport, Rhode Island this summer. Tom was chosen to attend the Naval War College there for Command and Staff college aka MAJ schooling for those not familiar with the military:) He came home with some nice Sam Adams beer and told me to start celebrating. I think I screamed and then pulled a Tom Cruise and literally jumped on our couch. To say I am excited to leave Ft. Sill is an understatement. As much as I love our little post here, after 6 years, of living here I am very ready for a change. We will be a few hours from our NY family and that makes me beam with happiness. Until you have lived states and states away from family and friends you will never know what it feels like to be somewhat close to them again. It's like a breath of fresh air.
I am very proud of my husband. He was one of two air defenders chosen for this spot. He loves his job and works his tail off. It's nice to see hard work pays off every now and then. Even though we will only be there for less than a year, I am looking forward to what Newport will bring to us.
I am very proud of my husband. He was one of two air defenders chosen for this spot. He loves his job and works his tail off. It's nice to see hard work pays off every now and then. Even though we will only be there for less than a year, I am looking forward to what Newport will bring to us.
This is the Naval War College in Newport. Absolutely beautiful!

No comments:
Post a Comment