My Riley Roo...
It's been two years since you passed from this great Earth and I STILL miss you. They say that with time grief gets easier. I finally believe that. Time doesn't fully heal the wounds, but two years ago you left a huge gaping hole in my heart. Now there isn't a huge gaping hole...it's more of a small gap;) Your picture still adorns our shelf in the living room. Ella still keeps your collar and leash on her stuffed doggie animal that resembles you. Your treats jar was unpacked after the move and put into our pantry. Empty of course, but unable to be given away to Goodwill.
I know I'm crazy. I know people will think "geez she was just a dog." But I'm selfish and I didn't get enough time with you so that's what makes this so much harder. Our neighbor told me that our old vet remembered you, our sweet Riley, and wanted to say hi to us. Clearly, she loved you as well:)
Even though 366 days have passed since my last blog post about this, and huge crocodile tears aren't falling, it doesn't mean I miss you any less. It just means I don't want to hear it from Tom that he can't believe I can still cry over you. ;) You know he's the guy that just can't cry.
You'll forever be my little buddy, and according to Ella "you are hopping from cloud to cloud in heaven" so I can imagine your heart is healed and you're living the good life. I have to always tell myself that when I think about you to keep that "small gap" from growing bigger.
It's been two years since you passed from this great Earth and I STILL miss you. They say that with time grief gets easier. I finally believe that. Time doesn't fully heal the wounds, but two years ago you left a huge gaping hole in my heart. Now there isn't a huge gaping hole...it's more of a small gap;) Your picture still adorns our shelf in the living room. Ella still keeps your collar and leash on her stuffed doggie animal that resembles you. Your treats jar was unpacked after the move and put into our pantry. Empty of course, but unable to be given away to Goodwill.
I know I'm crazy. I know people will think "geez she was just a dog." But I'm selfish and I didn't get enough time with you so that's what makes this so much harder. Our neighbor told me that our old vet remembered you, our sweet Riley, and wanted to say hi to us. Clearly, she loved you as well:)
Even though 366 days have passed since my last blog post about this, and huge crocodile tears aren't falling, it doesn't mean I miss you any less. It just means I don't want to hear it from Tom that he can't believe I can still cry over you. ;) You know he's the guy that just can't cry.
You'll forever be my little buddy, and according to Ella "you are hopping from cloud to cloud in heaven" so I can imagine your heart is healed and you're living the good life. I have to always tell myself that when I think about you to keep that "small gap" from growing bigger.
![]() |
| Riley's first taste of snow! |
![]() |
| And she always hated it. |


1 comment:
a dog is NEVER just a dog, they are family!!! =( sorry for your furry loss. But like your daughter said, she is hopping from cloud to cloud in heaven. That sounds awesome to me.. =)
Post a Comment