My sweet friend and ADPi sis, Caroline, from Simply Smithwick asked in her blog this morning "Is there anything you have fallen in love with this week?" My immediate thought went to material items. And the answer was a definite "nope!". But when I started to really think about the question I realized I have fallen in love this week. Completely, absolutely smitten...with my growing belly and the baby inside of it. From the moment I found out I was pregnant with my third child I was thrilled. Albeit, hesitant to deal with morning sickness while chasing two children around, but nonetheless thrilled to be able to bring another baby into our lives.
I try not to look in the mirror all that often anymore. I feel like I spot entirely too many new wrinkles or my face getting fatter or my way too long hair looking frazzled. But just yesterday as I was getting dressed, I caught a glimpse of my belly in our bedroom mirror. How could I avoid it? It's growing so big, but for some reason, for one of the first times this pregnancy I looked at my belly in a whole new light. I wasn't searching with a magnifying glass for upcoming stretchmarks. I wasn't trying to push my protruding belly button back in or grabbing the extra layer of fat on my hips (which Ella asked the other day...is this your hip or your butt mom? Niiiceee). I was simply looking at all of the beauty this belly encompasses. I am growing a baby inside of me. A miracle. Our son. No matter how much he physically changes my body forever, nothing can compare to the love he has brought to my heart. And that love can grow ALL it wants to. Afterall, the heart doesn't get stretchmarks;)
About 10 more weeks...
I try not to look in the mirror all that often anymore. I feel like I spot entirely too many new wrinkles or my face getting fatter or my way too long hair looking frazzled. But just yesterday as I was getting dressed, I caught a glimpse of my belly in our bedroom mirror. How could I avoid it? It's growing so big, but for some reason, for one of the first times this pregnancy I looked at my belly in a whole new light. I wasn't searching with a magnifying glass for upcoming stretchmarks. I wasn't trying to push my protruding belly button back in or grabbing the extra layer of fat on my hips (which Ella asked the other day...is this your hip or your butt mom? Niiiceee). I was simply looking at all of the beauty this belly encompasses. I am growing a baby inside of me. A miracle. Our son. No matter how much he physically changes my body forever, nothing can compare to the love he has brought to my heart. And that love can grow ALL it wants to. Afterall, the heart doesn't get stretchmarks;)
About 10 more weeks...
| 29 week belly |
2 comments:
Love the post! You put into words so beautifully the experience you are going through! xoxo Oh and I love the belly shot - you have at least doubled in size since I saw you at Christmas!!
Aw, I didn't know you and Caroline were sorority sisters, how neat! And you look great!!
Post a Comment