Three years have gone by since we said goodbye to our little Riley Roo.
Three years since I woke up to find you had left this Earth to jump from cloud to cloud in doggie heaven (according to Ella), no longer in pain. Three years? It doesn't seem possible. However, it's still hurts to think about for me. I especially felt the sting hit me this anniversary as we ironically found out this week that Madeline is allergic to dogs. I somehow try to see your passing when she was only six months old as a bit of a blessing in disguise now. Maybe you knew...
I am pretty certain if you were around now you would be driven insane by all of these kids running around. (I know I am!) You were a totally chill pup and loved sitting on my lap and snuggling, but I rarely get to sit down nowadays;) I miss the days of you curling up in my little nook and falling asleep snoring away. It's also super cold where we live this year, and I am 100% certain you would HATE life with all of this snow. You never did like sweaters or jackets.
When we found out Madeline was allergic to dogs and I broke the news to the kids that we would never own another dog, they both cried. They want another you. They would love another Riley. But I am ok with not owning another dog. Your goodbye was entirely too painful for my heart, and honestly, I don't think any dog could fill that void I still have. In my last post, I talked about the gap. That gap is still there. Tom still thinks I am crazy for missing you. And we still have your little picture up on our shelf.
Still. Still. Still. I don't think it will ever change really. You were a big part of our family. My first "baby". But I now know you came into our lives for a reason and you left our world to keep Madeline a bit more comfortable;) And for that, my heart is grateful.
Three years since I woke up to find you had left this Earth to jump from cloud to cloud in doggie heaven (according to Ella), no longer in pain. Three years? It doesn't seem possible. However, it's still hurts to think about for me. I especially felt the sting hit me this anniversary as we ironically found out this week that Madeline is allergic to dogs. I somehow try to see your passing when she was only six months old as a bit of a blessing in disguise now. Maybe you knew...
I am pretty certain if you were around now you would be driven insane by all of these kids running around. (I know I am!) You were a totally chill pup and loved sitting on my lap and snuggling, but I rarely get to sit down nowadays;) I miss the days of you curling up in my little nook and falling asleep snoring away. It's also super cold where we live this year, and I am 100% certain you would HATE life with all of this snow. You never did like sweaters or jackets.
When we found out Madeline was allergic to dogs and I broke the news to the kids that we would never own another dog, they both cried. They want another you. They would love another Riley. But I am ok with not owning another dog. Your goodbye was entirely too painful for my heart, and honestly, I don't think any dog could fill that void I still have. In my last post, I talked about the gap. That gap is still there. Tom still thinks I am crazy for missing you. And we still have your little picture up on our shelf.
Still. Still. Still. I don't think it will ever change really. You were a big part of our family. My first "baby". But I now know you came into our lives for a reason and you left our world to keep Madeline a bit more comfortable;) And for that, my heart is grateful.
You truly despised any clothing. ha!
Sweet little face.


2 comments:
I miss riley too! but not the yapping part of her.... you can still get a dog like Aunt Lynda's - its a non allergic dog.
This is a sweet post dedicated to your first babe. :) I know when the time comes and Winston goes, I'll be completely lost.
Post a Comment