2014! Happy New Year to all.
The New Year always brings about new things. New changes. New beginnings. Maybe new endings. Out with the old. In with the new, right?
I'm not one for resolutions. I never stick to them anyway so I always decide it's better just to not make them in order to save myself from disappointment. But this year I started something new for myself. My sorority sister/wonderful friend Leah asked me to choose one word to describe how I want my year to be. I thought about it for a few days and the same word kept popping into my head: Healthy.
I want this year to be full of healthy decisions. I want to make healthier food choices, exercise more, teach the girls to make healthy choices. But being healthy just isn't about food and working out a lot. It's definition includes "functioning well or being sound". I'm pretty sure we could all use a little healthy in our lifestyles. I want a healthier marriage, friendships and relationships with my children. I want to be able to look past the wet towel that is left on our bed. Every. Single. Morning. I want to be able to look beyond the Play-Doh mess that Madeline can make and just relax and enjoy the crazy creations she comes up with. I want to display patience when the girls are constantly at each other's throats and be able to look back and remember I was the same way with my older brother. There is nothing worse for me than to go to bed with mom guilt for being a "bad mom" that day for yelling entirely too much. There isn't anything healthy about it either.
I know it won't be easy. Any of it. I love my skittles, and sugary cereals. My exercise regimes in the last ten years are less than stellar. I'm impatient, and my yelling can get scary;) But I will try my very best to make it my healthiest year yet. In every aspect of my world. Because I know I want to live a long, happy, fulfilling life with my family. And I want my children to do the same.
Healthy. Yes. That's the word I have chosen for 2014.
So here's to a very strong, prosperous, and healthy New Year! Slainte!
The New Year always brings about new things. New changes. New beginnings. Maybe new endings. Out with the old. In with the new, right?
I'm not one for resolutions. I never stick to them anyway so I always decide it's better just to not make them in order to save myself from disappointment. But this year I started something new for myself. My sorority sister/wonderful friend Leah asked me to choose one word to describe how I want my year to be. I thought about it for a few days and the same word kept popping into my head: Healthy.
I want this year to be full of healthy decisions. I want to make healthier food choices, exercise more, teach the girls to make healthy choices. But being healthy just isn't about food and working out a lot. It's definition includes "functioning well or being sound". I'm pretty sure we could all use a little healthy in our lifestyles. I want a healthier marriage, friendships and relationships with my children. I want to be able to look past the wet towel that is left on our bed. Every. Single. Morning. I want to be able to look beyond the Play-Doh mess that Madeline can make and just relax and enjoy the crazy creations she comes up with. I want to display patience when the girls are constantly at each other's throats and be able to look back and remember I was the same way with my older brother. There is nothing worse for me than to go to bed with mom guilt for being a "bad mom" that day for yelling entirely too much. There isn't anything healthy about it either.
I know it won't be easy. Any of it. I love my skittles, and sugary cereals. My exercise regimes in the last ten years are less than stellar. I'm impatient, and my yelling can get scary;) But I will try my very best to make it my healthiest year yet. In every aspect of my world. Because I know I want to live a long, happy, fulfilling life with my family. And I want my children to do the same.
Healthy. Yes. That's the word I have chosen for 2014.
So here's to a very strong, prosperous, and healthy New Year! Slainte!
No comments:
Post a Comment