My girls had awesome first birthday parties so of course I had to follow suit and throw Sam one as cool as he is;) We chose a nautical theme. Actually my friend Jen chose the theme. She said "when in Rome..." and she was 100% spot on. We live on the water in Newport. How could we not have sailboats and anchors galore? It ended up being a super cute theme to work with and I absolutely can't thank Jen enough for her ENDLESS help and craftiness during the planning process. I will never forget the constant giggles and cursing and memories we made putting together the perfect first birthday party for Sam.
We had family come in from NY for the weekend to celebrate our Sam and I can't express how grateful I am to them for taking the time to be with us. To have family at his party just meant the world to me. Thank you guys so very much. I loved having you all here and I hope you enjoyed your stay in Newport and Sam's little party as well:)
To all of our fabulous Newport friends...thank you for taking time out of your busy weekend schedules as well to party it up with Sam. I hate the thought of leaving this wonderful group of friends we've made here. You all just make me smile. I know Sam loved all the attention, too;)
Sam, I know you won't remember a bit of your party day, but let me tell you: A lot of thought, planning, love, crafting, and heart went into your day. You ran around like you owned the place and in the first five minutes you slammed your face down into a metal table leg to bruise and bloody your face and lip. My poor baby. I thought for sure the party was over at that point, but by the grace of God, you didn't need stitches. You hated everyone singing Happy Birthday to you, but we all thought it was kind of cute and continued to sing. You LOVED that amazing smash cake my friend and neighbor, Suzy, baked for you. I cried when I saw both cakes she created. Truly perfect. You smiled a ton playing with your little buddies from the neighborhood and each time I caught that smile, it melted my heart.
You're my big one year old now. Can you believe it? Yeah, me either. High five, buddy! We did it. Me, you, and your daddy survived that first year of your life. And Ella and Madeline, too. Now continue to be good to all of us, ok? We love you, sweet boy.
We had family come in from NY for the weekend to celebrate our Sam and I can't express how grateful I am to them for taking the time to be with us. To have family at his party just meant the world to me. Thank you guys so very much. I loved having you all here and I hope you enjoyed your stay in Newport and Sam's little party as well:)
To all of our fabulous Newport friends...thank you for taking time out of your busy weekend schedules as well to party it up with Sam. I hate the thought of leaving this wonderful group of friends we've made here. You all just make me smile. I know Sam loved all the attention, too;)
Sam, I know you won't remember a bit of your party day, but let me tell you: A lot of thought, planning, love, crafting, and heart went into your day. You ran around like you owned the place and in the first five minutes you slammed your face down into a metal table leg to bruise and bloody your face and lip. My poor baby. I thought for sure the party was over at that point, but by the grace of God, you didn't need stitches. You hated everyone singing Happy Birthday to you, but we all thought it was kind of cute and continued to sing. You LOVED that amazing smash cake my friend and neighbor, Suzy, baked for you. I cried when I saw both cakes she created. Truly perfect. You smiled a ton playing with your little buddies from the neighborhood and each time I caught that smile, it melted my heart.
You're my big one year old now. Can you believe it? Yeah, me either. High five, buddy! We did it. Me, you, and your daddy survived that first year of your life. And Ella and Madeline, too. Now continue to be good to all of us, ok? We love you, sweet boy.
Little Jell-O cups filled with mandarin orange sailboats:)
My ribbon anchor. Love how it turned out!
His smash cake banner I made
The awesome "wreath" Jen made! It's a piece that I will treasure foreverrrrr.
Before he smashed his face.
The cakes. Seriously amazing.
Tom's job was the beer. He chose nautical ones. Minus the Coors;)
This boat...Jen and I had such a vision for it and I think it turned out so cute!! What a perfect little photo prop!
The craft table. The kids painted starfish and sand dollars to take home with them.
So happy my family could make it.
Oh his tiny Sperry's! I just love them!
The lovely couple who baked the cakes. Such a talented team!
Sad that he wrecked his face.
My loves.
Smash cake time.
Angry that I took his pizza away.
Aunt Lorraine sharing laughs with Madeline.
Aunt Bunny loving on Mila.
Mr. Travis trying to get a bite of that cake.
Lauren our awesome babysitter and Jen
Sam wondering why I have that silly hat on my head.
I think I kissed him every minute during the party! Ha!
Pretty much describes the party!
Love this gal SO much!
We are going to miss Lauren so much! She really adores our kids.
My gang. I don't know what I would do without these ladies! Always a good time when we get together!
Jen just happened to bring her bounce house so at the end of the party we let the kids go crazy in it!
My favorite pic of us! Can't believe he's ONE.
Cousin Sammie and Sam!
Lauren babysits all of these kiddos!
Oh my family. How I love them so...
Love that the little patch on his shirt says Rhode Island. Thank you H&M for making such adorable kids clothes!
Sam was wiped out at the end of his party. I guess we could say it was a success:)



No comments:
Post a Comment