May 17, 2014

Mother's Day

Happy day to meeeee! It's all about meeeee! I love this day. And it just so happened to be the most perfect weather. The first day since winter "ended" that we could go out without jackets or boots. It's like God said "Give Melissa and all the other moms in Newport a day with beautiful weather because they deserve it." I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened.

My babies gave me handmade cards and painted sea shells, cooked me breakfast and then we headed to the beach for a little picnic. I loved seeing how everyone was just happier in the warmer weather and playing in the sand and water. Sam was content eating the white gritty stuff. Madeline and Ella worked together to build castles. Tom chased a beach ball in the wind and we all laughed because he seriously had to run fast to catch up to it.

And I watched it all. Sure I helped with the sand castles and cleaning sand from Sam's mouth or opening up a Lunchable. But really I took in the sweet moments to realize what an awesome family I have. I get to celebrate a day for myself because of these wonderful children God has given us. How lucky am I? Sometimes...maybe a lot of times...I need days like today to remind me that life is good. Soak it up. Be in the moment. Be grateful. Always. Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there.



















2 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a beautiful family! It looks like a great day!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

So cute! Love the pics!