July 11, 2014

Getting Settled

New house. New city. New state. New bedrooms. New surroundings...

The joys of moving.

I miss Newport. I miss it so very much. I miss the pretty scenery. I miss my friends. I miss our church. I miss how close Dunkin Donuts always seemed to be. I miss going to really awesome playgrounds and not sweating.

I will say the one thing I love about NC so far is how friendly the people are! But other than that...

I know, I know. Every duty station is what we make of it. I get it. I have heard it 1000x before. My mind is open. I hope eventually I feel settled and comfortable and make new friends, and explore this state to it's fullest. I bet I end up loving it.

Luckily, the kids seem to be doing just fine! They are loving the pool in the neighborhood and playing outside everyday. I guess if they're happy, mama is happy:)







 A little bit of JBK artwork in my house;)
 Ummmm my drive. This is all I see. Ever.

 He was really happy to be home!




1 comment:

Natassja said...

Looks like a beautiful house Mel! Hang in there! :)