July 8, 2014

The Move.

After we left Newport, we headed to Long Island to visit family annnnnnd drop our three sweet children off. Back in March, my mom and aunts came up with the plan to take the kids during the move and unpacking part. At first, I thought I couldn't be away from my children for that long, but then one of them would do something to make me mad and all of a sudden it was the best idea on the planet. My family in NY knows what a difficult move we experienced last summer with Madeline being sick, our stuff being lost/stolen/delivered a month late and just the general stress a PCS move puts on young children. They wanted to make it a lot easier on us as a family and it turned out to be the very best idea ever.

Tom and I were able to unpack the entire house, set up rooms, get rid of boxes, and organize it all in the week they had our children. While we were cutting boxes open and swimming in the sea of cardboard and packing paper, our kids were off at the aquarium, children's museum, parks, swimming, playing with cousins, eating an endless supply of snacks, watching fireworks, staying up late and getting ALL of the attention in the world. Which is something I knew I couldn't give them during a move.

We are beyond grateful for everyone who helped in taking care of our babes. The old saying is true "It takes a village to raise a child." Orrrrr just my NY family;) Love you ALL so much.

Warning: Pic Overload! 

Hanging with Mila. I tried to get her to smile...nothing.
 Tom takes her for two seconds: WHAT??
 Sabrina with Sam






And then the parents left for NC and left their babies behind. 

 Swimming at Uncle Joe's house! His pool is a saltwater one and absolutely gorgeous!






4th of July FUN!
I promise the flags were in the ground and Sam threw them everywhere;)

My loves


 He was mad that he only had one hot dog for dinner. How is he so tiny when he eats like a teenage boy??

 A really cool house was turned into a puppet theater. Part creepy. Part interesting.
Mermaid chandelier 
 Children's Museum fun!
 Learning how sand is made



 The gluing station. Could be Madeline's most favorite place ever.


 Ohhhhhh Lordy. 7 Madelines.
 I think Ella would love a few clones of herself;)
 Sam just chillin'




 Swimming before the storm hit!
That tushy!!!
 Aquarium/fishing fun with Aunt Lorraine!



Selfie with Aunt Jeanne!

 Cousins!
 Meanwhile, in North Carolina...









They're home! 

2 comments:

Natassja said...

Love all these pictures! :) God bless you guys for moving so much! ;) You are troopers!! The house looks great though!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It looks like you have been so busy! Your new home is gorgeous!