My smart, spunky, energetic, beautiful Madeline is four! I can hardly believe it myself. Three has been my favorite age so four has some competition. In one year you have changed so much. I think back to your 3rd birthday and you were still recovering from being sick. You were a skinny little thing, losing your hair, dark circles under your eyes, pale...one year later and we truly have our Madeline back. Your hair is full, your skin is vibrant and glowing, your eyes full of life...
You are full of life. You wake up everyday with a smile on your face and an enormous amount of energy. You love with your whole heart and can be as sensitive as they get. As independent as you are, you hate when I leave. I like it though because it makes me feel even more loved and needed. You have tested my patience as a mom more than your siblings, but it's a constant reminder to me what it was like to be the middle child. You are always battling for attention.
You are crazy and funny and wild and sweet and we absolutely adore you. All of you. You are a beautiful gift from God, and I hope you keep that free spirit of yours always. The world needs more Madeline's.
Happy 4th birthday, baby girl. Love you to to the moon and back and around again.
The balloon fairy. I totally forgot to take a pic of her room filled with balloons this year:(
Madeline woke up early and I was able to spend the morning just the two of us. We stared at the presents, baked blueberry muffins and snuggled.
Then I let her open a few presents from Grandma and Grandpa
And one special gift from her brother and sister.
From the look on her face, I think she loved it!
Awwwwww!!
Eating muffins. Singing Frozen at the top of her lungs.
We played all day and then surprised daddy with a water balloon fight!
She requested Chick-Fil-A for dinner!
Opening more presents! Aunt Jenny and Uncle Phil bought her the Sofia Castle!!
Then we went night swimming!
And ate cupcakes at 9:30 at night:)
Love this pic.
Still hanging with us late night.
The next day we waited for Granny P, Auntie Monica and Uncle Chris to arrive so we could celebrate some more!
Building her new Ariel lego set with daddy.
Annnnnd I finally got to meet my beautiful niece Juliette!! Is she not the cutest little baby everrrrr??
We took Madeline to an arcade place!
Out to lunch!
The gang:)
All in all, a pretty fabulous birthday for Madeline. Thank you all for ALL the love you showed our sweet girl. She was pretty spoiled;)
2 comments:
Happy 4th Birthday, Madeline! Looks like she had a great birthday!
The pictures of Maddie singing to Sam - priceless! It looks like Sam is saying (in the second one) You sing like that one more time and I'ma gonna smack you!! Loved all the updates and as always wish I could have been there to see it all!! xoxo
Post a Comment