July 27, 2009

Adventures in NY Part One

After a long day of traveling, Ella and I arrived in NY on July 8th. She was well behaved on the first flight mainly because she was passed out. The second flight however was a bit of a nightmare. Thank goodness we had a priest sitting in front of us because Ella was kicking his seat like he was a giant soccer ball for two hours straight. I'm sure the poor guy was saying his Our Fathers like crazy.
A view from our window
Ella passed out
Finally at Aunt Bunny's house and Ella LOVES Mia!
And she loves her fishy ring pop sent all the way from Sheryl in FL!
My cousin Sammy with Ella
Isn't this picture gorgeous? Michelle (13 yrs old!) took this!
Mama went out for the night and returned to Ella's nails being painted blue and pink:)
The first week in NY was pretty hectic. I attended a Bridal Expo at the Oheka Castle (where my cousin Kristina will have her wedding.) I totally pretended to be a bride to get the freebies for her and I did a darn good job at pretending because I even made it on TheKnot! Finally, after 5 years of being married, I made it on that damn site. We then traveled to Connecticut for cousin's weekend where Ella went to her first winery! I promise she didn't partake in the wine tasting, but she did help herself to some cheese and crackers;) The weather was perfect and I have to admit I was a little envious of my cousin Lara's gorgeous home. I think it's where Pottery Barn must do all of their magazine spreads because it is that beautiful. To see more pictures of our weekend in CT, click here.
Sabrina, Me, and Kristina (bride to be)
Ella running around the Winery
Picking flowers for Gamma Don Don
Someone should have stopped us here.
Group shot! Love my family:)
Don't we look so much alike? hehe
It scares me how much Ella enjoyed the Winery...she takes after her mama
Being goofy with Gamma
Unfortunately, a few days after Cousin's Weekend, we attended my Great Uncle Happe's funeral in PA:( He lived a long, fulfilling life and will be very missed. When he was laid to rest, Taps was played on a bugle as Uncle Happe was a WWII veteran. It struck a chord with me as I realized there aren't many of the Greatest Generation left to tell their stories. I wish I had taken more time to spend with him. Life, even though sometimes long lived...is still entirely too short.

More to come...I promise!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like you girls had a great time!! Can't wait to see the video of Tom surprising you! Ella is growing up so fast!!

Kristina said...

Oh man! i love the pic of you in the trampoline. hilarious!!! .....i never did make it onto that trampoline. its prolly better i didnt. LMAO. great pictures. mike & i thouroughly enjoyed updating ourselves on the me & e blog. miss you & love you! xoxox