It was a very quiet 4th around here. Not the way we typically spend the holiday, but I tried to make it special for Ella. Last year we were surrounded by family in NY and Ella loved the fireworks and her eyes lit up every time one went off. This year, I took her to the lake and we had a picnic, built sandcastles and swam for a bit. Even though it was just the two of us I loved every second of it. When we came home, I cut up some watermelon for her and she enjoyed every bite! We had plans to go see the fireworks in the park that evening, but the rain started falling (Ella saying "it's raining mommy") and then she was in bed by 7. So I watched the fireworks with Riley out on our porch when the rain finally stopped. It allowed me to take a few minutes to reflect on this significant holiday and thank all of the soldiers fighting for our freedoms overseas. Especially Josh and Joe...we can't wait for your safe return. God Bless all of the American heroes making huge sacrifices for our wonderful United States of America. You are the reason we celebrate Independence Day.








7 comments:
I Love Ella's headband! She looks like she had a wonderful day. You are doing a such a amazing job. I know the holidays are the worst for you but they will only make you stronger. You will be seeing the smiling faces of your family in just a few days and I know you will be feeling better. (((((Hugs)))) to you!
Love the headband, she is such a photogenic little girl! Look slik eyou girls had a nice, quiet day together!
Miss Ella looks like she enjoyed herself. You are such a good mom!
Adorable, where did you find the headband?
Me--the headband is from the Dollar Tree. It came in a pack of 3..pink, yellow and green:)
ella is too beautiful! and what a HAM!!!! get ready cuz she wants to be a fashion model. Looks like she's been practicing her "Blue Steel".
Post a Comment