October 3, 2010

That wasn't so bad...

Turning 30 was easier than I thought! I pictured myself hiding under the covers all day, dodging any mirrors where I might see new wrinkles and barking orders at Tom to take care of the kids. Well the latter sort of happened anyway, but I definitely didn't hide! Tom woke up early and brought home a delicious pumpkin spiced latte from Starbucks (oh how I love these!) and Ella ran into my room giving me big hugs and every ten seconds she would say "Happy Birthday Mama!" and kiss my cheek. I opened up a few presents in bed, one being a most fabulous Tory Burch satchel from my MIL. I about passed out from happiness. Then Tom gave me what I am typing on now...a new Macbook! Yipeeee! I have been eyeing these bad boys for years and I literally cried when I opened it. I'm a dork;) He also gave me a card full of money to pamper myself whenever I want. (I think he's just tired of looking at my fading pedicure)...

He cooked me my favorite breakfast of biscuits and gravy and had my favorite raspberry lemonade stocked in the fridge. He made a delicious burgandy roast beef with homemade mashed potatoes and sauteed mushrooms for dinner. I was totally spoiled all day long and I loved every second of it. Needless to say, I asked if my birthday could continue all month. I knew my answer this morning when ESPN was on;) Oh wellll It was WONDERFUL while it lasted and I am looking very forward to my 30's now. Thank you babe for making my 30th birthday a perfect day.
I love my "30" card
Ella was so excited to eat cake (and that was a Carvel ice cream cake...yes tiny, but that's what I wanted so we didn't eat cake for a month)
Making my wish...don't you wish you knew what it was??
Aww gotta love those timers on the camera!
Look at my big "lil" nugget!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

SO HAPPY YOU HAD A WONDERFUL DAY!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!

Devine Doodles said...

Melissa,
You make 30 sound easy! I only hope when May comes around I will embrace it as well as you have:) I have to admit, I hope the days go by sssllllooowwwlllyyy! I also hope my husband does as well as yours did for helping to bring 30 on! Job well done Tom!! Your family is beautiful and you have alot to be happy about. Happy Birthday Month:)