December 27, 2010

Blades of Glory!

Right before Christmas we took a trip to OKC to ice skate. They have an outdoor rink and we thought Ella would have fun trying it out. I am not the best ice skater, but luckily Tom has had lots of practice having been on the Citadel Ice Hockey team...he definitely didn't appreciate wearing figure skates either that day. He was much better teaching Ella and holding her up than I was. That was a hot...cold mess! But I haven't laughed at myself that hard in awhile. Ella was smiling the whole time, but when I took her off the rink she politely asked to skate with Daddy again. Hmmm I wonder why? She really had a great time and it was fun to watch her try something new.






We spent a lot of time along the rails.
Or this happened.
And this.
We eventually hung on long enough for a few photos.
My cold little doll face.

Night time along the canal in Bricktown. It was really beautiful!

4 comments:

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love it! Looks like so much fun! Love the black and white ones! Merry Christmas to you guys!

Sherman Unkefer said...

I love to see pictures of a happy family! Nice photos!

Lauren said...

That looked like alot of fun! Great pics and memories!!

The Vest Family said...

One good reason for living in Lawton! Looks like you had a blast.