May 4, 2011

Easter Rewind!

Just catching up as usual! Easter came and went pretty fast! Hard to believe last year Ella and I were spending it without Tom and this year we were whole again + one:) Madeline doesn't have a clue about the Easter bunny, but she enjoyed her Easter basket and trying to find eggs with Ella. It's a tradition in Tom's family to hide the baskets so I gave in and allowed the basket to be hidden. Ella found it behind the couch and it was fun to see how excited she was when she discovered it! Of course she noticed her My Little Pony "AppleJack" first and from there it was pure joy...even when she discovered toothpaste in there.
Ella's basket
Madeline's basket
Madeline saying "hello look at me...I laid an egg"
Discovering her basket
Hunting eggs
This video was really long, but I cut it down to save you from my annoying voice!
We went to the annual Ft. Sill Egg Hunt the day before Easter as well. Last year, Ella took one step into this hunt and had a breakdown. She couldn't take all of the kids running around and yelling. This year we snuck her into the older kids group and she LOVED it. She ran around collecting tons of eggs happy as can be.
It was a rainy day and she couldn't leave the house without her boots.

My mom made her this dress:)
Madeline is totally pumped about this egg hunt.

"Eat the egg Madeline. Eat it. I am your big sister. Do as I tell you."
A very satisfied Ella.

And the tradition of coloring eggs the night before Easter continued...
Daddy was very into the process this year. He did miss out last year though...
And look at this adorable bunny!

Told you he was really into it. He was literally drawing Air Defense Missiles.
Beautiful eggs:)

3 comments:

The Vest Family said...

Love the egg decorating! Ella for the fact she wore her rain boots! My GD for being a SUPER cute bunny:)

Family Sorensen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Family Sorensen said...

I love that you put toothpaste into Ella's basket, I did the same thing.