Hey ladies,
Tom here, I thought I would visit Melissa’s site and drop by for my annual guest blog entry. Melissa has been asking forever and I just didn’t have the time. Well, tonight is the night! Melissa is out with the spouses from work- yes real live army wives- except nothing at all like the wholly unrealistic show on TV. I am in charge of the girls and I must say watching the kids is a snap! Both girls are fed; Madeline ate an entire sandwich bag full of these baby “puffs” and Ella had an ice pop and cookies. They seem happy so I will chalk that up as a parenting win. Later I will give them baths, in the sprinkler (watering the lawn and washing the kids is what I like to call “two birds with one stone”). I will then put Ella to bed with an iPhone or movie (she is quite the techie) and Maddie to bed with some milk. I get that Melissa does this parenting thing better but I ask that you not knock “my technique”.
Speaking of technology and kids, as most of you know Ella is a whiz on an iPhone. She loves to watch YouTube videos…Disney, My Little Pony, you know, kids stuff. Yesterday she asked me to search for “girl toys”. As my current job has me writing a lot I automatically changed the search from “girl toys” to “toys for girls”. I should have known! A few minutes later Melissa caught Ella watching a YouTube video that was utterly inappropriate for a three year old (and most twenty-somethings I know). I’ll let your imagination deduce what kind of “girl toy” video was shown – though I think “women toys” was a more accurate description. Melissa informed me that when Ella asks for “girl toys” I should put in a specific toy like “Strawberry Shortcake” or “Cinderella”. Today E asked again and learning my lesson I entered the first “girl toy” that came to mind: “Barbie”. Minutes later, Melissa brought me the phone. Some sicko created a skit about two Barbies who were “together”. What is going on with this world?!?!
That being said, I wanted to stop by and let you all know how proud I am of Melissa and this site. She is such a talented woman and she is raising a couple of talented little girls (who are quickly learning to manipulate me, just like their mother). This blog was created to give you all, those we love so far away, a little window into our lives and I hope it makes you all as happy as it makes me!
Majorly yours,
Tom
3 comments:
Great post, Tom! I hope Melissa gave you a spanking for that inappropriate video you let Ella watch. She's really got her hands full with you. Ha! :)
Just what I needed to read today! I had to control my out burst of laugher because my two little monkeys are finally napping. The world is crazy and raising two little ones up in it sometimes makes me question my own thoughts,lol.
Thanks for the giggle Petrini family!
Oh wow this was hilarious! From dad's technique down to the tech mishaps - oops! Pure awesomeness!
Post a Comment