...and I still miss you. The pain is very raw from losing you. I feel that ping in my heart when I think about those last few days with you and I wish more than anything you could run into the house on your four little legs and come snuggle with me. But I know that will never happen again. It feels like yesterday that I wrote my blog post about you. I miss my little buddy, my sweet companion. Ella asks all the time to get a new black dog and to name her Riley, but don't worry...you're not replaceable. I hope with some more time this gets a little easier. Maybe another 365 days will go by and I won't cry big crocodile tears thinking of you. For now, I'll let them fall silently. A friend posted this beautiful article the other day and the timing couldn't have been more perfect.
After I read that, I had a little a-ha moment. From the second we picked Riley out of the litter to the morning she passed she was a loving little pup. Never hurt anyone. Never bit, always protective and sweet (although quite the barker if you came close to my girls). With Ella and Madeline, from the time they have been able to walk, I am continuously teaching them and reminding them to "be nice. be sweet. No hitting, no biting, no pinching." I never had to teach Riley those things...she came into our lives as sweet as pie and stayed that way always.
I found a few pictures from back in the day with her as well. It was from when we lived in Germany. Think pre-babies so she was OUR only baby. It was nice to find them and reminisce on those years we had with her. It made me smile and well...I definitely needed that.
![]() |
| I think I napped with her daily. :) She was the perfect snuggler. |
![]() |
| See? Tom really did LOVE her. |
![]() |
| She hated the cold weather in Germany, but refused to leave the house in one of the many sweaters/jackets we had for her. |
Miss you Riley Roo!




No comments:
Post a Comment