As with every hello, there has to be a good-bye. Even if it's just a 'good-bye for now'. We had to bring daddy back to the airport this week. (insert huge crocodile tears). This has to be the hardest part of military life. All of the send-off's, good-byes, hails and farewells to friends who move to their next duty stations...seems we are constantly saying it. I knew it was coming, but it doesn't make that dreadful feeling any better. It lingers for days, in the back of my mind. I actually did really well until it came time for that final hug. That final kiss. Then I cried. Tom gave me his usual whisper "Be strong little root" that he always says during these times, and no matter what, it helps to bring a smile to my face. He started saying that to me in college when he would have to return to the Citadel.
I know this good-bye was a lot harder on him than ever before. He has such a bond with his girls. They adore him. Leaving them must be unbelievably painful. When he came out of the bedroom dressed in his uniform Madeline smacked his leg and yelled "No!" and ran into the room and shut the door. (keep in mind she's only 20 months). But she knows what that uniform means...daddy is leaving once again. Ella stayed quiet for the rest of the day after we dropped him off at the airport. It effects all of us and it's never easy. But we get through it. We always do.
It's time to put on my happy face for my girls and do what I do best: love them, love and support their daddy and keep on keepin' on.
I know this good-bye was a lot harder on him than ever before. He has such a bond with his girls. They adore him. Leaving them must be unbelievably painful. When he came out of the bedroom dressed in his uniform Madeline smacked his leg and yelled "No!" and ran into the room and shut the door. (keep in mind she's only 20 months). But she knows what that uniform means...daddy is leaving once again. Ella stayed quiet for the rest of the day after we dropped him off at the airport. It effects all of us and it's never easy. But we get through it. We always do.
It's time to put on my happy face for my girls and do what I do best: love them, love and support their daddy and keep on keepin' on.
| Before we left for the airport |
And in typical Tom fashion, he left us all sweet notes. I found mine when I opened my car door.(insert more crocodile tears) Ella found hers on her pillow and Madeline even found one in her crib. I needed that note more than he could imagine:)
No comments:
Post a Comment