October 21, 2014

The Martin's Visit!

I was so excited when our friend Wendy asked if she could visit on her move down to FL from Newport! To think she actually asked if there was a hotel nearby. As if! I love her and I love her kids, and they couldn't get here fast enough so we could catch up. Bonus: she brought me my favorite bottles of cider from Newport. 4 of them.

It was such a treat to have them here even if it was only a night! There is just something about making friends while living the military life. It can be the hardest thing ever and loneliest of worlds, or one of the easiest things ever. With Wendy, we bonded the second we met and the year we lived in Newport we made sure to make the most of it. I guess we got lucky!

We wish the Martin's well as they begin their next adventure in sunny Florida!








No comments: