September 8, 2009

Granny P's Trip to LTown!

Granny P arrived in Lawton on Friday the 4th and we had such a fabulous time with her. It's never a dull day when "Chuckie" is here! Ella remembered her, too. As soon as we got home from the airport, Ella ran into her playroom and proceeded to get out EVERY toy Granny P has ever given to her..including an empty container of Thomas bubbles. She even handed Granny P the bird she bought her in NYC. Ella apparently has the memory of an elephant;) We spent Saturday in OKC venturing out to Chuck E. Cheese and then to do some much needed shopping for Ella. Our kid is growing like a weed. At the beginning of summer, she was a size 4 shoe. At the end, she is a size 7! At the beginning of summer she was in 12-18 months clothing. Now I won't buy anything smaller than 2T. I believe she's grown about 3 inches and added about 5 lbs to her;)

We spent Sunday morning relaxing, drinking our java and then we headed to church. We had dinner that night with Tom's brother Chris (he deploys to Iraq in Nov) and spent the night in chit chatting and catching up on life. Ella loved having her Uncle there to hang out with and show off to. Chris needs the practice as we found out that weekend he and his wife are expecting a baby GIRL in February!

All in all, a fabulous weekend with fabulous Granny P. She spoiled Ella rotten and we appreciate her coming to visit. Thank you for making the time go by faster without daddy here! We hope to see her again in February for the rodeo in OKC!

The "Chuckie's" share a moment
Ella contemplating the dance game
She loved it!
Learning how to play this infamous game.
She's understanding it and seems to enjoy herself.She must think she's hurting them when she bops them on the head!
Apparently she's not moving fast enough for Granny P. She wants a shot at it! Ella's face explains how she feels about sharing."Hmmmm he's not all that big in person."Loved being a jockey!
Trying to get her to take after mommy with her bball skills;) (or lack thereof)
Striking a pose modeling with one of the new outfits Granny P bought for her!
Ready for church. Ummm Ella, word to the wise...when you are dressed in Burberry, you must crack at least a small smile:)
I love Ella's little grin in this photo. She is toooo cute!
Drinking milk from her favorite Tony Stewart race car cup from Grampy Larry:)
Saying bye bye to Uncle Chris and Granny P:(

To see more pictures of our weekend, click here. Thanks for checking in on us! xoxoxoxo

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Aww, fun! Ella's hair looks great and I LOVE the Burberry dress!!!

The Vest Family said...

WOW! Ella is really growing. I can't believe how in one picture she looks so much like you and in the next like Tom. I think I even saw a pic. that resembled her Aunt Monica. What a lucky girl to have a Granny to treat her to such cute clothes. I know you cherished the time you two got to spend with your family:) We can't wait til you can visit FLORIDA-WOOHOO!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mel for all of your hospitality!! As always, I really enjoyed spending time with you and Ella. We always have so much fun and many laughs. Maybe next time I'll visit Diamond ;) Love ya, Granny P

Lauren said...

She is just so cute!! Looks like you had a blast!! I am sure you guys are looking forward to seeing daddy and the hubby in a few days!! Make sure to update once in a while when you are there! Of course if you don't we will all understand :)