October 16, 2009

Happy 5 Years my OAO!


From the time Tom started at the Citadel as a lowly little Knob, he started calling me his OAO (One and Only) in love letters he used to write (and yes, that's WRITE as in he used pen and paper.) I had so many love letters during our years at college, my mom painted me a box to keep all of them in. She always said I would treasure them one day and I do. I always have. Today, October 16th, 2009, we are celebrating five years of marriage. Five years. And he still can make my heart skip a beat when he walks into a room. Or when I see him in his uniform, I think how lucky I am to have such a hard working, handsome man...(and what woman doesn't love a man in uniform?) I am blessed to have him as my husband and Ella's father. He is a kind, gentle, patient soul and he loves me unconditionally. Is he perfect? He likes to think so. But I have yet to meet a perfect person. But does he make me happy? Absolutely. Is he a wonderful father? Without a doubt. Does he bring me home sweet surprises of candy and treats? All of the time. Is he romantic? I would like to think so. He may have some imperfections, but it doesn't matter to me. I love him with even with those simple faults.

When we first started dating in high school, my friend Ashlea asked me if she thought I was going to marry Tom. I will never forget it. I started laughing at first at the thought of even being married, but I answered her with a quick yes. For some reason, I felt like I just knew. We continued to date on and off throughout college and then he proposed to me under a starlit sky, in a beautiful gazebo filled with roses and candles along Bayshore Blvd. He got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. His OAO, forever. And so our story began...

Happy 5 beautiful wedded years, my OAO. You make me proud to be your wife and I love you. Always and forever.

And what better way to show off our fabulous day than to share a ton of wedding pics with you all:) Enjoy!

















Tom told me to listen to this song while we were together in NY in July and I have loved it ever since. It fits us.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy Anniversay!! Great pictures!! I hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy it! 5 years came fast, huh? In March it will be 4 years for me and I can't believe it! Here's to many more happy years and babies :)!!!

Caroline said...

Congratulations! I am so happy that you're able to spend it with him. You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

One of your best posts!! Love the story...... love the OAO!!!

Parzikcj said...

I can't believe it's been 5 years already. I am so happy for the two of you!