March 5, 2013

Flyin' High

My last post was about how cruddy the weather was here. Now look: 

The weather was the perfect kite flying day. One advantage of living in Oklahoma is the days without high winds are pretty few and far between. I'd almost go as far as calling them rare. Practically non-existent. I want to say on a daily basis the winds are at least 10-15mph? High winds here are considered 45-60mph whereas in FL they'd be boarding up the windows for a tropical storm at that range;)

We had a great time kite flying. Tom is really good and kept his cute Barbie kite in the air the whole time. (Madeline lost interest quickly when she realized running in flip flops on the wrong feet, two sizes too big wasn't worth seeing her kite in the air). But she had fun picking flowers (weeds) and finding the random penny for her piggy bank. 

Ella's kite kept nose diving into the ground, but she still had fun with it. A few pouts here and there, but on the occasion when her kite did fly, the smile on her face and excited screams made me beam. She's growing up so fast.  I can remember the first time I took her kite flying. She was 18 months old and just threw the kite on the ground. (I didn't expect anything less) Here we are, 4 years later, and watching her be so independent makes me long for the days of carrying her as a newborn. I need a pause button. 



Chasing after the fallen kite 





 And Madeline finally got her kite in the air. Oh happy day!

No comments: