As I have mentioned before, October was really busy. I am not really a mom who believes a child needs a party every year of their life. That's why I didn't really plan on having one for Ella (and I didn't want to invite every kid in her class for a giant party! Mean mom here!). I prefer to just make their birthday really special instead. Well, I realized it would be pretty hard to make it special this year because we didn't have time to travel or take her anywhere. Needless to say, we decided to throw together a last minute art party for her! We baked a tie-dye cake, made everything really colorful, and set up canvases and palettes for the kids to create their own work of art. Then we set up a wine, cheese, and crackers stations for us moms;)
The kids had a blast and my friend Jen came up with the idea of letting the kids paint something each year on their birthday. I love it. I am going to make it an annual tradition to see how their artwork grows.
Ella usually does not like to be the center of attention, but for her party, I think she enjoyed it! So happy she had fun with her little besties here!
And then CAKE time! We couldn't wait to find out if the tie-dye baking process actually worked
The kids had a blast and my friend Jen came up with the idea of letting the kids paint something each year on their birthday. I love it. I am going to make it an annual tradition to see how their artwork grows.
Ella usually does not like to be the center of attention, but for her party, I think she enjoyed it! So happy she had fun with her little besties here!
The paintbrushes were placed in a paint chip color. So cute.
Ryan and his mama Jen working on his NYC taxi masterpiece
Ella painting a beach scene
We played outside with chalk and bubbles and I love all of these smiles!
And then CAKE time! We couldn't wait to find out if the tie-dye baking process actually worked
It did work! It was a really cool cake!
And yummy, too;)
I didn't paint because I didn't want to waste a canvas, but Jen and Granny P did!
I mean really, Granny P? Who just whips this up with some kid's paints and dollar store brushes? Only you. So awesome!
Gift opening!
We welcomed Peggy Pirate into our Lalaloopsy home.
These two...love their friendship!












2 comments:
So cute!! This theme fits Ella's colorful personality! :)
So cute! I love the theme and the cake! YUM! Happy Birthday to your big girl!
Post a Comment