October 30, 2013

Happy Birthday, Sweet Ella

Six years ago, when you were born I became a mom for the first time. You made me a mother and for that I will be forever grateful. Watching you grow from this tiny, tiny six pound one ounce curled up baby to the tall, beautiful girl you are now has been one of my life's biggest blessings. There are so many things I love about you:

I love your little freckles across your nose.
I love watching you in your ballet class. You move with such grace.
I love how much you LOVE school.
I love that you think of others and never leave anyone out.
I love that you say 'thank you' to me at the dinner table for cooking delicious meals.
I love that you still draw pictures about Riley.
I love how you sing country songs in the back of the car.
I love so much about you my sweet girl. It's endless. But I really love that you are all mine. You make me a very proud mama.

Happy 6th birthday, Ella. I can remember my 6th birthday...it goes by way too fast. Enjoy it all.

We love you!
Daddy woke up extra early to get you Mcdonald's for breakfast because you wanted a hash brown. :) So we let you open a few gifts before school.

We dropped off cupcakes to your class and here you are (with your birthday sticker!) posing with your buddy, Zoe
 After school craziness with Mara and Madeline
 Cupcake time!
 But first we had to sing to you. I love what you say at the very end. Be still my heart.



 This face...I must've said something to embarrass you:)
What does the fox say? Sweet sweater!

Madeline picked out a mermaid Barbie and clearly Ella was over the moon.


And as always, our tradition of pumpkin carving continued. Madeline was anxious to get her hands all up in the guts.

 Daddy torturing Ella with the guts that Ella had zero interest in.

Working hard!
 Can you tell it's a headless horseman? The girls picked that design. I think next year, mama will be the sole voter.
She loves it! (Oh and yeah, Ella picked Mcdonald's for dinner that night, too!)
 And we truly tried to get a photo. I guess this is life now, right? Their faces in these pics crack me up!!

PS. Happy National Candy Corn day! 

2 comments:

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Great pictures!
Happy 6th Birthday, Ella!

Christina Hill said...

Your family and mine are so alike sometimes it's freaky :) My nephew wore the same lobsta' costume last year. I swear you and my sister-in-law are my costume guru's. And we actually carved the same design in pumpkins this year! I must say, though, that yours came out way better than mine!!! :)