October 16, 2013

Pumpkin and Apple Picking


Typically we love four day weekends in our family, but this Columbus holiday Tom was spending it catching up on schoolwork. (Thank you government shutdown and keeping him home from school therefore requiring him to make up missed days.) But just because he was stuck doing work didn't mean I wasn't going to enjoy having Ella home from school for the day. We decided it was a perfect day to head to SweetBerry Farm and pick some apples and pumpkins. I have never been apple picking in my life (mom correct me if I am wrong...) so this was quite the adventure! Taking three kids anywhere to do anything is always an adventure though. At the end of the day, we had a ton of yummy apples, quite a few pumpkins to adorn our porch, and two happy girls...and Sam...he was happy, too. But he was pretty clueless that we even went to a farm, right? ;)









1 comment: