October 14, 2013

Weekend of Fests

Gotta love the town that has a fest for everything. We have been eyeing the Italian Festival sign for a few weeks now. We couldn't wait to try some yummy Italian food and maybe a Peroni or two. Certainly a cannoli! I have to say, the overall idea was good. We loved the live Italian band, the cannoli's, and the girls ate the heck out of the biggest Italian ices I have ever seen (of course they couldn't share one! Bad parent? Or smart parent? Hmmmm.) But the food was not that great! My dad can make better sausage and peppers and so can Tom...and the chicken parm was just plain sad. The worst part was they didn't even serve beer so no yummy Peroni's for us! Still had fun as a family though!

The next day was Oktoberfest. Of course we had to go to that! Now this festival was great! We spent a few hours there enjoying the music, beer, brats, and getting our kids all tatted up. I'm sure we got some crazy looks. I mean, Sam in the Ergo baby carrier, the girls in the double stroller. Beers in the parents hands...again I ask "Bad parent? Or smart parent?" Either way, we had a really great time with friends and it made us miss Deutschland even more! We also realized we have some pretty amazing kids. I think we were out and about for six hours between the fest, dinner and shopping and not a single kid really whined. They just enjoyed where they were and so did we. Sometimes as parents, we luck out and have awesome kids in public;)
And what is up with this Elmo? Yes, that is supposed to be Elmo. 
 Oktoberfest!
 Tattoos, balloon animals, ice cream, french fries...of course my kids were happy campers!

No comments: